The M-Audio Axiom 25 MIDI controller is a great combination of production power and performance. You can get the most from any music software with this MIDI keyboard.
The Axiom 25 features semi-weighted keys which is important if you like the piano feel. Large dynamic trigger pads make programming beats easy and also allow for one-shot sample triggering and the encoder knobs and buttons are real-time controllers for the music software.
With M-Audio‘s DirectLink mode you have control of common DAW functions such as transport, track pan and the mixing features, as well as many virtual instrument parameters. Some of the compatible DAWs are Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Live, and Reason.
I like that you can use the fader and encoder knobs to fine-tune the mix. This is a great feature that allows the user to get away from the mouse occasionally. You can also use the transport buttons to navigate through the session.
The Axiom 25 controller’s Instrument mode is really cool. This allows for a single button to instantly map the fader, buttons, and encoders to any virtual instrument within your DAW. You can directly access parameters such as filter cutoff, LFO rate, and envelope settings.
The M-Audio Axiom 25 is very compact and lightweight and is powered directly from your computer’s USB bus. This is one of the most important features for me.
Here are the M-Audio Axiom 25 Features:
- 25-key velocity-sensitive semi-weighted-action keyboard with assignable aftertouch
- DirectLink mode automatically maps controls to common DAW and virtual instrument parameters
- Dedicated Instrument mode button lets you instantly switch between controlling mixer and virtual instrument parameters
- 8 assignable trigger pads
- 8 assignable rotary encoder knobs
- 1 assignable fader
- 6 dedicated transport controls
- class-compliant with Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Mac OS X
- powered via USB or optional power supply
- built-in USB MIDI interface including standard MIDI In and Out jacks
- On Sale Here!
M-Audio is one of my favorite MIDI Keyboard manufacturers out there. I like that the products are high quality and easy to use. I also have M-Audio speakers and a larger keyboard and I have not been disappointed yet. If you need a good compact MIDI keyboard controller the Axiom 25 is a great choice.