The M-Audio Oxygen 49 is one of my favorite MIDI controllers because of its ease of use and number of control options. I bought an Oxygen 8 and it worked well but didn’t have enough keys so I upgraded to the Oxygen 49.
The Oxygen 49 has 49 keys (hence the name) so it is not a full keyboard and the keys are not weighted so if you are looking for a good performance keyboard this is not the one for you. But if you want a mid size MIDI controller keyboard that has assignable faders and knobs this is a great option.
How to use the M-Audio Oxygen 49
The M-Audio is easy to use. Just plug in the USB cable and it shows up. You can control many parameters of your DAW with the 8 knobs and 9 faders plus there are dedicated buttons for play and record as well as track select buttons.
The Oxygen 49 is designed to be used with the most popular virtual instruments and digital audio workstations. I use this controller with Pro Tools, Logic and Reason and it works well with all of them.
Here are some features of the M-Audio Oxygen 49
- bus powered 49-key USB MIDI controller – easy computer cnnnectivity
- 8 assignable knobs, 9 assignable sliders – control DAW and virtual instrument parameters
- DirectLink mode – instant controller mapping to DAW functions
- dedicated transport and track slected buttons – streamlined session control
- Pro Tools compatible – extends industry-standard functionality
- Bus powered 49-key USB MIDI controller – easy computer connectivity
The M-Audio Oxygen 49 has been a great controller for the music that I create and I would highly recommend it if you are searching for a good inexpensive MIDI controller solution.