The Korg PA3X76 is an amazing new product from Korg and has so many features it is hard to cover them all in a short review. This keyboard is Not for everyone!
Here are some of the features that you need to be aware of:
- 76-key semi-weighted arranger keyboard with velocity and aftertouch
- Enhanced RX (Real eXperience) sound engine offers improved realism and new vivid sound, including pianos borrowed from the acclaimed Korg SV-1 Stage Vintage Piano, plus Ambience Drums
- Massive internal ROM – plus up to 256 MB of user PCM data (equivalent to 512 MB) provides an extraordinarily powerful wave memory, delivering the best sound quality possible
- PaAS High-fidelity, optional amplification/speaker bar with Korg’s own Easy Connect system (no support, cables, or additional power supply needed)
- Improved Style and Performance selection, Over 400 factory Styles
- Double MP3/MIDI files player and recorder with Advanced Vocal Remover
- 120 Voices, 120 Oscillators
- Microphone Input: Combo XLR balanced with Gain control (15 to 50 dB) and switchable Phantom Power
- On Sale Here!
One of the thing that I like about this keyboard is the sounds. Korg keyboards are known for great quality sounds but this one has some of the best sounds I have heard. Excellent piano, electric piano and vintage effects make this so much fun to play.
The looping feature is great for live performance, it allows you to accompany yourself with both drum patterns and programmed loops. If you are a singer/songwriter the microphone input is a very cool feature allowing you to sing and play without having to bring in a PA system. You can also use the keyboard to sing harmony parts without background singers.
The speaker and amp combination that is comes with can be removed and is wireless so you can put it in the most convenient location for your audience.
If you are looking for a great studio, live performance or sequencing keyboard, the Korg PA3X76 is a great investment. However at $3999.00 you need to be serious about your craft.